06 May 2010

a slower pace

Woke up to a cloudy morning in Kupang, but after the day of rain yesterday the day promises to be brighter. Lucky for me, I finally got a room that has working aircon...so much so that it was actually freezing last night and I had to turn it off.

Looking out the window as I watched the sun hit the beach, I ended up watching a group of boys digging up a discovery on the beach...totally engrossed in their 'find' - though to this moment I'm not sure what it is.

A few minutes later, two little girls climbed over the fence that separates my hotel with the beach (more to keep us in than to keep others out, I'm convinced!) - something they clearly do at least several times a day - and in seconds they were on the beach too. One, the older one, immediately began walking the opposite the direction of the boys with determination...making me wonder what her plans for the day were...a day of adventure and discovery?

This past week has been one of a slower pace than the past few months for me...and it has been a true blessing. I've actually had time to do quite a bit of browsing and reading...and more importantly, sleeping up to 6 straight hours a day! Heaven.

Being here to help an inspiring group of people give new life to their organization has been a true joy, too. In them, I see all the possibilities of what we can be...and more! I also see how some of the passion of our work has inspired them, too. And that is truly a gift.

Watching the little girl on the beach reminds me how sometimes we may not know exactly where we're going, or what is awaiting us...but if we walk confidently - sometimes slowing our pace, sometimes running, and sometimes stopping for a rest, even - there will always be new discoveries waiting for us to find them!

No comments: