30 June 2010

vibrant dili

As our plane began descending towards Dili airport, I suddenly felt a lump in my throat. Our dream to run a training on vibrant facilitation in Timor Leste was finally coming true...and what's more is that it looks like this will be the first of many more visits to come, and the beginning of creating more and more vibrant facilitators in this country full of promise and hope.


It's been two days since we arrived, and I'm soaking everything in. Driving around Dili is like driving around many different places I've visited. There's a sense of familiarity, yet also a sense of being surprised. Parts of Dili remind me of Phnom Penh or Vientienne, other parts remind me of Sumba...while around the corner, suddenly I feel like I'm in parts of Manila! 


Strangely, this feeling of mixed emotions - all good, but mixed - is making it difficult for me to write about them. So I'm just allowing myself to be washed over by them for now...and the writing, as always, will come. And of course I'm doing what my mother told me to do..."Take pictures! Pictures!" - using both my camera as well as my heart.

No comments: