09 October 2008

When things fall into place...

...it's like watching snowflakes fall from the sky, flittering, fluttering, finally landing on the ground exactly where they were supposed to drop. That's sort of how today worked out, as I worried about whether or not I'd get a nice hotel for Ibu - snowflake one; whether we'd get our tickets to Siem Reap - snowflake two; whether I'd finally be able to bring Ibu to Shinta Mani, a hotel I stayed at in Siem Reap years ago and promised to take Ibu too - snowflake three; whether or not we'll be able to get enough participants for our upcoming training, since we want it to be SPECTACULAR! - snowflakes four, five, six...a hundred!!! Before I realized it, there was a blizzard going on in my head!

And then, there I was...almost entirely packed by 08:30 a.m. this morning, quite impressed at my own efficiency - sunray number one. I made it to Corner 33 and found that the one seat I'd been wanting to sit at all week long - was waiting just for me! Sunray number two. Then I opened my email and there was an email from Shinta Mani, confirming that the room I wanted was indeed, available. Yayy!!! Rays of sunshine! But I still didn't have a room for Ibu and myself...and she was already in the waiting room at Cengkareng! So i picked up the phone, called the Cambodiana and within 5 minutes we had a room. Bye bye blizzard of worries!

By then, I was on a roll...though initially I got a smelly room when I checked in at the Cambodiana, in less than half an hour I got a non smoking room facing the river! I was set, and psyched to continue with the day...especially when finally, by 3pm, I had our tickets for Siem Reap. Whew!

So as I write this, Ibu is fast asleep nearby...and I'm simply basking in the joy of being blessed to have this moment. Someone said to me today, "You're so lucky to have your Ibu to go places with!" - indeed I am. And she is so internet savvy that not only has she read up on Angkor Wat and Siem Reap already; she's already seen videos on youtube about Angkor Wat! Now THAT's impressive. I never even thought of doing that!


Looking forward to a few days of contemplation and reflection..and basking in the energy emitting from Angkor Wat. If I had one wish that could be granted, I'd wish that Bapak could explore with us...the world always became so much more interesting when he was around to weave his amazingly vast and deep knowledge with local beliefs and folklore. He'll be with us, I know...I'll listen for his stories and his presence with my entire being.




No comments: