25 February 2009

Something of significance

Many interesting things happened during our training last week. One by one they will reveal themselves, at different times, brought to life by things yet to come...but one that was particularly extraordinary was the visit that was made by a golden cobra to our meeting room on the closing night of the training. Not during the training, but after people had left for dinner and some of our extended team members began packing up the room.

The snake was safely secured and put outside, thanks to Aji, Theo and Cindhil who creatively caught it and let it loose outside. Much to the relief of everyone else!

I didn't see the snake, but I started to wonder what the significance of his visit might have been. Snakes have always been protected by my family, and have been considered as protectors of our family. And, I realized later that I, too, was born in the Chinese zodiac year of...The Snake. Coincidence?

So, I decided to browse a bit, and here is what I found about what the snake might signify...

"Snakes awaken spiritual and magical intuition in the person who chooses this totem or is chosen by it. Snakes are associated with unseen creative forces at work. With the snake totem the powers of intuition and observation becomes keener and more precise. As snakes represent change and intuition the combination of these characteristics will allow for great new developments in life and the proper instinct for deciding which changes will be effective and which should not be made. They represent openness to new experiences, and thus, opened horizons."


I'm already interpreting what that means for me...afterall, nothing happens by accident, does it?


No comments: