19 January 2010

a gift from God

Her name means "gift from God" - and she truly is. This morning I woke up early again, somewhat perplexed by this new sleeping cycle I seem to be on (5 hours max). Reading through the status updates of various friends and family members, I came upon my niece's blog and read it in awe of this young woman who has an immense creativity I am only discovering now. It is because of her that I am starting to write in this blog again, inspired by her sharing what she is doing while studying fashion at a university that is pushing her creativity to grow and bloom.

It seems like a lifetime since I last posted something on this blog. Much has happened, and over the months I have accumulated book after book on creativity and releasing one's creativity within. Many of those books have remained unopened, some have had a few pages read only to be set aside in a 'special box' for "later." My niece has reminded me that 'later' needs to be 'now' when it comes to creativity...so today begins a new journey to discovering and appreciating that indeed, I am creative!

Thank you, Danya, for being my spark of creativity today...miss you!

No comments: