29 April 2008

Girl Power!

"Mamaaaaaa!" my cousins complained...we're WOMEN! not girls! they added, when my startled aunt reminded us "girls" that it was time to get ready to go out for dinner. My cousins were back in Tokyo for summer vacation from Boston, Ithaca and Swarthmore. I was 18, as was one of my cousins who was a certified hippie at the time, and my other cousins were 21 and 24, respectively. Women, yes, but weren't we still girls, too????

I think I was just as startled as my aunt, though of the same age as my cousins, I guess I didn't think being a woman meant you couldn't still be that little girl at heart. Isn't a cat just a kitten at heart????

Anywayyyy...I had a good week catching up with my girl/woman friends about two weeks ago. New friends, mostly, but one really good, close, old friend too (not "old", Yenni...you know what I mean!), whom I hadn't seen or spent quality time with in AGES.

It was great. I've decided that I have to make time to see at least 5 supergirls a month. Different ones, not the same one five times, that doesn't count. It's definitely worth it. And I wanted to make sure I wrote this in my blog so that you girls out there who spend a lot of your time being superWOMEN take the time to be who you really are, with people you can be your real self with. Your GIRLfriends.

Laugh! Giggle (uncontrollably)! Sigh. Listen. Be listened to. Giggle (uncontrollably, again)! Complain (it's allowed) AND (not but!) find something GOOD to say within 10 minutes. And remember how blessed you are.

Thank you Dudu, Nunu, Kiki, Gege, Dian, Isna, Intan, Nova, Yenni, Amanda, Ijul, Yaya, Duy (sorry for the spelling mistake earlier!), and Jilly for having time for me these past two weeks. You make my soul sing!

(Oh, and the cat on pink with the glowing apple thing above? It's the new 'skin' on my MacBook. Couldn't resist. I love it, love it, love it! Hee-hee...)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hehe..
that's what friends are for :)
gue link blog-nya ya mbak