18 November 2008

my miracle today

For someone who often tells others to be open to life's daily miracles, I often forget to apply these words of wisdom to my own life. And then of course I am reminded by one - a miracle that is. Today I reconnected with a dear friend whom I had lost touch with for about 10 years...and it is truly a good feeling! I am still smiling!

In fact, these past few days have been days of reconnecting with many old friends...some as far back to my childhood days in elementary and secondary school. And I guess the true measure of true, meaningful friendships is when being in touch again as much as 20 years later doesn't change the way we relate to each other. Though most have families and children who are as old as we were when we use to hang out with each other, we talk as if we saw each other only yesterday.

What was your miracle today?

No comments: