11 January 2009

Milonga to A Girl

To the one who's been worrying
because of a bad love
doesn't fin any better
go on singing and thinking.

And when ke works out
when he sees that the woman
doesn't understand reason
he just starts singing
and forgets about Love.
That's why, girl, I ask you
no to hate me
I cannot give you love
and you can't make me forget
I know that with every mistake
I can go down to the ground
and even if you give me love
I could not acept it
I can teach you to fly
but not to follow your way
I cannot give you
a broken heart
when things do not work
there's nothing to talk about
There's a way of love
which is a matter of conscience
there's a love that is patience
and another one that is only a perfume
which of them can give you
the one who loves your innocence?
When we meet each other again
we can smile
I prefer to see you go
like I saw you come
And when you come to think
that once I knew you
and only because
I composed a song for you
in your heart will sing
the little love I gave you.


...something else I found among my stuff; a handwritten translation of the song Milonga para Una NiƱa given to me by a friend. Now soiled, torn, and tattered, I decided to post it here as it was written...miss-spells and all.


No comments: