08 October 2007

Attitude

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass.
It's about learning to dance in the rain…

Powerful words, no? Vanny emailed me a poem that ended with the above, and I thought putting them on my blog will remind myself and others of the power we have to change the way we see everything. It all boils down to attitude.

Over the past few months we have had the privilege to meet and get to know quite a few inspiring, vibrant, and fun people...some of whom are HIV positive and/or living with AIDS...many of them still quite young. Being with them has taught me more about humility and acceptance. But most of all, I have learned that it is how we choose to live that makes a difference.

Or to quote the poem I mention above...

Attitude is everything.
Be kinder than necessary,
for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Live simply,
Love generously,
Care deeply,
Speak kindly.......

Leave the rest to God.

1 comment:

Ithoy said...

Thanks 4 sharing the poem..:)