Being back in touch with Win is extremely comforting. And it has happened at a very significant point in time...as friends and family in Indonesia are getting ready to welcome Idul Fitri, after the end of Ramadhan. From the time I was small, Idul Fitri has been a celebration of reconciliation. Of forgiving and being forgiven. The start of a new beginning.
Perhaps that now I have found Win, I can begin to forgive myself for the years of guilt I have felt for not trying harder to get in touch with him. And though I am not sure how easy it will be, perhaps I can begin forgiving the people I resented during my last months of graduate study in Singapore because I felt they weren't doing anything to help Win. We'll see. It's probably a good time to try, at least.
Somehow I feel the universe is in better balance, now that a piece that has been empty is now filled again. Win is my miracle today. I hope all of those who helped make it possible for us to be in contact again, can feel the gratitude I am sending out to them.
And of course from the bottom of my heart...thank you, Win, for wanting to be in touch again with me!
Blogged with Flock
No comments:
Post a Comment