Building Creative Communities!
"Building Vibrant Communities!"
"Building Vibrant Communities!"
Wow. It just makes so much sense. For any social change to really matter and take root and be sustainable, it has to grow from the community. So any community facilitator has to actually be a vibrant community builder. Someone who helps a community build itself and create something so vibrant that their lives change. And in turn, the whole community is inspired to continuously bring about change that betters itself as a community and each and every member of that community.
INSPIRIT has been asked to help Kelola in implementing such a project, which was really the door that opened to all sorts of information on this amazingly interesting initiative. So simple. Yet potentially so powerful as well.
So I've spent most of the day reading The Creative Community Builder's Handbook. Even reading the introduction got me excited! And it's got all sorts of websites it refers to, as well. I cannot wait to adapt this to what we're doing...hip, hip, hooray!
Two of my strongest passions have always been art and culture. I studied cultural anthropology and always wanted to go into ethnomusicology too. Our approach in vibrant facilitation very much builds from the arts and from culture - two separate concepts - it starts, simply put, from the heart.
Happiness...I must say...is finding something that makes you glow with passion!
Will have to write more about this once I've read more too...but just had to share this excitement here!
1 comment:
this post really tickling my curiosity! i'd love to know more about what the book said! can't wait to meet you and make you tell me more about it with your glowing passionate eyes ;)
Post a Comment