It's interesting what the mind remembers...memories of my first oplet ride at the age of seven, the beginning of many adventures to come traveling on various modes of public transportation in Jakarta. A few weeks ago, some of those memories came rushing back when we went on a field trip to the Transportation Museum of Taman Mini Indonesia Indah.Here I am with a vehicle I vow to buy one of these days...an oplet!! For the first time in my life I learned that the word "oplet" itself comes from "open" and "cabriolet" - or open convertible. Much cuter than the Filipino jeepney... which, incidentally, is also part of my culture of mixed heritage.
I remember going all over Jakarta in an oplet, almost like in a Dr. Seuss book...oh the places we could see! I must say, I simply love this adorable thing. Funny what memories can do. Seeing this oplet simply made me smile and smile. It still does! Now if I could only figure out a way to bring this one home...
No comments:
Post a Comment