Managed to strain my right shoulder and now in severe pain. Yet, still able to type :) as long as I don't do any sudden movements. Can hardly move my right arm, but the hand still works! Downed two painkillers, so am a bit more mobile. Hence the post.
Been meaning to write since yesterday. Picked up Maria Shriver's latest book, Just Who Will You Be? A little book that brings up good points that are valid no matter what age you are. I finished reading it within an hour of buying it and just read it again in less. I especially liked some of the suggestions she made, and wanted to share them here with you.
Commit to sitting quietly with yourself twenty minutes a day to see what you have learned. This inspired me to start a new blog titled simply, ...in 20 minutes. The plan is to write the post at the end of each day, and I only have 20 minutes to write my reflections of what I learned that particular day. No matter whether I was done or not, I'd only have 20 minutes to write.
10 Things I Pledge. Maria also shares the Ten Things she pledges to do, and encourages us to do the same. Most importantly, though, she says to "write it in pencil"...because it's okay to change them. Yes, change is okay! in fact, it needs to be embraced.
And then last night I came upon a message in my inbox about the Squidoo Lens of the day. It's GREAT. It's about writing your life memoir in six words. I think this is something we can use in our facilitation, but also something I can do on a regular basis. Again, at least once a day. I told Ibu about this, and said that since she's turning 76 next week, one sentence to describe her is:
"76, and never ever stopped learning."
Taking into account what happened to my shoulder this morning, I think my reflection is:
"Slow down, life isn't going anywhere!"
Check this out...http://www.squidoo.com/yourlifesentenceinsixwords...it's really inspiring. And here's a little video with some life sentences that others wrote.
No comments:
Post a Comment