This time, I actually came up with two new methods that we haven't used before. The first was inspired by the six-word legacy idea. So what I asked the participants to do was to: "Express your feelings about today in one sentence, consisting of six-words." And to ensure that everyone wrote something, instead of just distributing the post-its, what I did was to prepare a board that had blank post-its on it...according to the number of the participants. And here is what we got!
Then on day 2, I decided to use the "T-shirt" idea for the daily reflection. I prepared a template of small paper t-shirts, and then asked the participants to express their reflection of the day in the form of a t-shirt design - with a logo and a slogan. It was a lot of fun!

Yesterday, I had yet another eureka moment. We're currently facilitating a workshop on local governance, asset based thinking and appreciative inquiry. When thinking about possible ways to get a group to create a collective Dream, one thing we can ask them to do is to imagine the future they desire through visualizing their ideal front page of a daily newspaper. So one could say this,

"Imagine that it is 11 September 2013, and you're picking up your favourite daily newspaper. What will it look like? What will the title of the paper be, the photographs, the headlines and sub-headlines? What good things do you want to see? Make one!"
We haven't tried this yet, but be sure that we will! I thought it was a brilliant idea. Someone's probably already thought about it before, but that's okay. I thought of it on my own and it felt good!
1 comment:
wow amaze....!
selamat buat inspirit, bisa juga kan tanpa mac :), he he he
bjeou nayaka
Post a Comment