Last night was a wonderful closing night for our Vibrant 12 training. Filled with song, laughter, and good company, both Jilly and Sastro truly made our hearts sing and smile. Happy birthday INSPIRIT, happy birthday to us. And happy birthday, Dani!Sigh...it's already the 17th! Happy Birthday, Urie and Hery. And belated birthday to Dian too. It's actually taken me two days to finish writing this post. So much to say, didn't even know where to start from.
We celebrated Dani's birthday - and our sixth birthday - at Bebek Bengil in Ubud. The whole gang went, plus Jilly and Sastro - two sources of inspiration who have coloured our word with their music. It is because of Jilly that I found my voice, and I can feel my voice really reflecting who I am. I am discovering - and enjoying - my "suara jiwa", the sound of my soul. Sastro accompanying me on his guitar really helped me - tell a story with my voice, as Jilly put it - as she got me to sing "IF" by Bread.
On Saturday we returned home, and as I closed my eyes to go to bed last night I really felt a surge of warmth as I remembered the week that past. Each and every group we train is special, every one of them unique. What made this group so enjoyable, I think, was that it was also the week of our birthday. In addition, for me, as one who turns out to have musical intelligence as her highest score among the 8 intelligences...having JIlly and then Sastro later in the week just made the whole experience a joyful song.
The journey to our turning six has been filled with many people who have given us strength and enriched our learning. Some have chosen different paths, and we wish them well. We are now six years old, and there are six of us, too... Dani, myself, Dian, Dendy, Nova and Intan. Oh, and I must never forget our self-proclaimed President of Kids Inspirit - Bening! Bening is now already 7 years old...going on 40, from the way she speaks!
My deepest gratitude to each and every one of you who have believed in us - and also for those who haven't believed in us, because in a way you only made us even more determined to make our dreams come true. I'm sorry you chose not to come along with us for the ride, but I hope that your encounter with us did bring about something positive.
Most of all, though, my love to all of you who have shared our passion and embraced it...It has been an honour to have you in our lives and I look forward to many more years of creatively inspiring others through working with you!So we turned 6 during Vibrant 12 - isn't that special? Happy birthday again to us all. Kanpai!
No comments:
Post a Comment