It's been a long week, yet suddenly it's already our last day! Yesterday Dani, Ijul and I rushed to Pasar Atas to look for local clothes to wear at our closing today. You can be sure that I will post a picture of all of us in our local fashion!I have learned many things this week. When I sms-ed Ibu about how full of energy our first day here was, she sms-ed me back, "It's the nature of the people of West Sumatera...they are simply vibrant!" And it is true. The degree of openness, warmth and friendship was as if we were being welcomed with open arms. And as the days passed by, this closeness has grown stronger.
We've also been able to enjoy Bukittinggi in different ways! Here we are after an evening of good Padang food, yummy durian, and a lot of fun just hanging out with each other...
No comments:
Post a Comment