Something happened this morning...that caused me to think of this song, of compassion, of the ability to forgive. It brought back memories of what I was taught since I was a child, to never take others for granted. It also caused me to reflect deeply on my own personal need to find peace within to deal with what is thrown at me, when I least expect it. It also taught me how much more painful it is to be disappointed by those you care for.
You who are reading this know who you are. And though I know what you did was not intended to hurt, it did. I hope you learned something from this. I know I did.
The song I have embedded on the top left is actually sung by my cousin as part of her acapella group, Bukas Palad. It's a beautiful prayer put to song. Originally written in dedication to Ninoy and Cory Aquino, it is a powerful song that often gives me comfort.
And I am playing it over and over in my heart today, to give me peace, to give me strength, to give me compassion, to make me be His heart...especially today.
Where there is fear I can allay
Where there is pain I can heal
Where there are wounds I can bind
And hunger I can fill
REFRAIN:
Lord, grant me courage
Lord, grant me strength
Grant me compassion
That I may be Your heart today
Where there is hate I can confront
Where there are yokes I can release
Where there are captives I can free
And anger I can appease (REFRAIN)
BRIDGE:
When comes the day I dread
To see our broken world
Protect me from my cell grown cold
That Your people I may behold
Where there is fear I can allay
Where there is pain I can heal
Where there are wounds I can bind
And hunger I can fill (REFRAIN)
CODA:
And when I've done all that I could
Yet there are hearts I cannot move
Lord, give me hope
That I may be Your heart today
No comments:
Post a Comment