28 June 2008

Sweet, Pretty Tiger

For the past many months she spent a lot of time in my room...exploring my closet, jumping up and down and playing with whatever she could find. I'd be sitting at my desk, typing away and suddenly I'd hear a bang... and little paws scurrying away. "Tiger....! Is that you?" I'd call out, looking at the direction of the noise...and there she would be, sitting innocently by whatever mess she had just created, with a "Who, me?" look on her face, and then would proceed to lick herself.

Very much a loner, she spent a lot of her time playing by herself...full of joy and always having fun. I will miss her deeply. My mornings at home will be different without her scurrying little paws, causing all kinds of crashes and bangs, making her presence very much known. She loved to be petted, but only on her terms. And she always talked, meowing for attention when she wanted it, making her presence known by rubbing herself against my ankles and purring away when she got what she wanted.

Keep skipping playfully and having fun in your new world, little Tiger. Thank you for the joy you brought to us...and I am sorry that your passing was such a painful one, and that I wasn't there to comfort you. You will continue to live on in our hearts!


No comments: