21 August 2008

Women Inspiring Change

Over the next couple of weeks I will be putting together a kit aimed at empowering women to inspire change. This is something that I feel strongly passionate about, and in the true fashion of the law of attraction, I have been meeting and getting to know some truly inspiring women.

Yesterday, Mbak Amna and Linda of Yayasan Kelola introduced us to Nia Dinata - an inspiring film director who believes in the urgent need to expose as many people as possible in Indonesia - girls, boys, women, men - with quality films that educate, stimulate, energize, inspire...as opposed to the mind-numbing telenovelas that rule the TV waves now. She told us of her dream to bring back to life the culture of "layar tancap" - or mobile movie screens - throughout the country. But I'll talk about that in a separate post.

What I want to share here is something I found on the web while browsing for inspiration. It's powerful. And proof that presentation, done well, can speak much louder and stronger than the 1-hour bla-bla of someone standing on a podium with really badly done slides. I'm sure we're all too familiar with that sensation!

SO...enjoy the following sensation. And note that it's all done in less than 3 minutes.


No comments: