18 July 2008

10

Tonight I had the good fortune to spend some time with three of my closest cousins. It felt really good. We do not spend enough time with each other, and for the first time I told them in detail about the work-play-passion of my life. It felt good. I find that I don't spend enough time with the people who are really important to me, those who love me unconditionally and genuinely mean it when they ask, "How are you?"

At one point in the many conversations we had, the topic of being grateful for what we have came up. "I find it difficult to even find five things to be grateful for," said one of them. And when I do, he added, "I end up qualifying everything by telling myself that it is how it is supposed to be."

So I've decided to try - at the end of each day - to make a list of the ten things I am grateful for. Today's list:

1) spending hours talking to someone who understands what it means to have a passion for the lifework one is doing, including the challenges of reconciling dreams with the day-to-day and more mundane things in life
2) spending a few hours with three of my closest cousin-friends
3) seeing someone I haven't seen in a long time, and knowing that she is well - beyond well!
4) Ibu
5) Pica, Pixie, Spunky, Noche, Got, Arus, Tommy, Kiki, Pepito, Kanga, Pompom, Damai, Noche, and Alex
6) good health
7) friends who do not have any reservations about telling me that they love me
8) four happy faces that greeted me when I walked into the office today
9) ice cold water to drink in my new pink starbucks bottle...the best water in the world because it is home-water, filled with the positive energy unique to our home
10) credit card bills that i can actually afford to pay in full, without interest!

What ten things are you thankful for today?

No comments: