19 July 2008

pass it on

I've found the perfect closing line for our book: "pass it on" - inspired by listening to Jason Mraz's new album, "We Dance. We Sing. We Steal Things."

While walking past the music store in Citos yesterday, after an inspiring chat with my cousin friends, the music just beckoned me with such power that I made a bee line for the cashier just to find out who was singing. I immediately bought the CD and downloaded it onto my macbook as soon as I got into Pak Roni's taxi...and plugged in my earphones to let the music in!

I haven't stopped listening. To every single song, line, and word...it's been a while since an album has caught my entire attention. Even more interesting is reading the background of the creation of this album. You should read it at http://www.jasonmraz.com/#/bio/ and you should, of course, by the album and let it inspire you. It lifted me up!

It's inspired me to write a book with Dani, to pass on our joint reflections on the many things around us that have inspired the work we are so passionate about. Ultimately, the vibrant living skills we pass on to others can only have lasting meaning if they are passed on. We do this individually through our respective blogs. I believe it is now time for us to do so together. And our main message will be...

pass it on


No comments: