To make a long story short, my Macbook is now drying out on a chair in the bathroom with the door closed (safe from any cats), with a fan blowing on it to dry out any leftover droplets of water. I think the motherboard is safe, but the screen was still pitch black when I tried turning it on. As Linda said, "Can't you hear I WILL SURVIVE! playing in the background?" So I will believe that my Macbook will, indeed, survive.
And if it doesn't, it isn't the end of the world...by far. A friend recently said, "It's that which we own that binds us." I would argue that this is true, if we choose to let those ties bind us. My bond with Spunky is, of course, what binds me to him...and him to me, which is why he always (yes, always...I should know better!) jumps up on the table with joy when he sees me open my Macbook to work at the table. He gets to sit next to it and me and spend quality time with "us". And since I am a firm believer of the ability of animals to communicate, clearly he felt the need to reassure himself that I was not, in fact, furious with him. Afterall, his jumping up on the table was to show his love for me!
So...I've made sure that Spunky knows he's way more important than my Macbook. Because he simply is. And since I've also become a believer of there being no accidents, then there are clearly lots of lessons to be learnt from this mishap and I am moving on...well, almost. Still crossing my fingers that tomorrow I will be typing a new post from my Macbook and not on Ibu's (which, incidentally, I recently bought for her - and therefore still have one I can work on from my desk in my room!).
We do not have to be bound by the things that we own...or by those whom we allow to own us. Allowing is, in any case, a choice. I have learned that even those we love cannot bind us for as long as we choose not to be bound. And even if we let ourselves be bound, binds can be lifted, broken, untied, or simply and gently... loosened to fit more comfortably.
There is something to be said about wisdom...who would think that the incident of my Macbook passing out would lead to such reflections and revelations. Earlier this evening I watched three TED presentations too. But more about that in my next post. Which I wish, will be written from my healed Macbook. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment